Enrollment and Materials
All classes are taught at our studio. Our studio is located in Carr Mill Mall downtown Carrboro, North Carolina, in historic Carr Mill Mall.
Enrollment in our hands-on classes is limited to six students. Each student’s workstation includes:
- Well-lit jeweler’s bench complete with a Smith Little torch for soldering
- Foot-controlled flex shaft for precision polishing and grinding
- All necessary hand tools, such as a jeweler’s saw, assorted files, and pliers
A lab fee is charged for each class for tools and supplies. Materials needed for each class or workshop (including metals and gemstones) can be provided by students or purchased at the studio.
Class days and times are indicated on the current calendar and can be found on our online reservation page. A one-hour lunch break is taken on full class days.
Due to scheduling issues, all classes have registration deadlines. Students must register at least one month prior to the start of the desired class. Late registrations are up to the discretion of the instructor and, if allowed, are charged an additional $30 late registration fee. Please call 919-240-5253 for more information.
We accept PayPal, VISA, and MasterCard.
1. You can register and pay using our ticketing area which accepts PayPal as well as guest checkout with your credit card through PayPal.
2. Or you can call 919-240-5253 to register and complete your enrollment with a credit card. IMPORTANT: Registration is not complete without payment. If you have any questions, please call or email us today!
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Payment in full is required for registration. If the payment is mailed, a place will be held for you when we receive your payment.
If you cancel 30 days or more before the beginning of a class, you will receive a full refund minus a $50 registration fee. If you cancel less than 30 days before the beginning of the class, there is no refund. However, we will give you a credit towards a future class. If it is necessary for James Carter Studio to cancel a class, students will be notified and offered another class or a full refund. We cannot be responsible for non-refundable airline tickets.